Candidates for a B.A. with College Honors in Philosophy* or a B.A. with Honors in Philosophy* must meet the following additional requirements:
- Admitted to the department's honors program (see below)
- 3.30 cumulative overall GPA.
- A GPA of 3.50 in philosophy courses, based on at least 25 hours of graded courses.
- Five courses at the 400-level or above, excluding transfer or reading courses (PHIL 484) and subject to the following qualifications:
- The five courses must be graded courses.
- The five courses must include at least one graduate seminar or honors capstone
- The GPA for all courses taken at the 400-level or above must be at least 3.30. If the student takes more than the five required 400- or 500-level courses, they will all count in determining whether this GPA requirement has been satisfied.
Admission is quarterly, competitive, and based on:
- PHIL background to include three upper division Philosophy courses taken at the UW
- Phil GPA of 3.60 or above
- Purpose Statement which should include academic interest, goals, and plan. Purpose statement needs to be turned in to the adviser by the second Friday of the quarter.
* For the B.A. with College Honors in Philosophy, the student must also be a member of the College Honors Program. For information call 543-7444, or visit the UW Honors Program webpage.